Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time Machine: Waikiki - Day 4, March 8, 2010


Time to go back home to cold and rainy weather.  :(  Thankfully we all woke up in time.  I really didn't want to miss the shuttle.  We grab the elevator and there was an employee riding down, name tag says "Kevin".  Kevin asked if we had a good stay.  We said yes, and I asked him where the shuttle picked up.  He offered to take us there, but I had to go to the front desk to check out.  He first took us to the porte cochere; Megan and Sheri headed out there just in case the shuttle came early.  Kevin took me to the front desk where I checked out, and he offered to walk me back to the porte cochere and rolled my luggage!  How nice!  He was very friendly and talked about visiting his relatives in San Francisco, staying at the Hyatt there (using his employee discount) when he has time off.  We get out to the porte cochere, and he was surprised to see Sheri and Megan standing out on the sidewalk and gestures to them to sit down on one of the benches where people wait for their cars from valet.  Megan asks if there was a water fountain nearby and Kevin runs to the valet station and grabs 3 bottles of water for us.  Apparently Hyatt guests have free bottled water on request.  Wow!  No idea.  He asked, "Did you try the iced tea at the check-in desk?"  Nope, hadn't noticed it since I didn't know it was offered.  Wow, I really like this hotel.  I definitely would recommend staying here because of its great location, excellent customer service, and comfy rooms.  Of course, it's best if you can Priceline the hotel and get a great rate on top of that.

The shuttle was prompt and we got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. (you'd think, since the pick-up time had to be THREE hours before departure)  I did have enough e-500's to upgrade the HNL-SFO leg of my trip, so I opted to do it on this leg as it included lunch.  (Outbound was just breakfast, didn't think it was worth it)  Boarded on the red carpet again; Megan and Sheri are now spoiled.  Unfortunately, they had to make a right turn as they boarded the plane while I got to take a left into first class. ;)  The first class cabin was a 2-2-2 configuration.  I usually try to get a seat in the middle 2, as those are naturally aisle seats.  My warm fuzzy feeling went away when I found that I was sitting in front of a 6-year old.  First class doesn't necessarily mean you get immunity from getting kicked in the back of the seat (or sitting next to stinky people, weirdos, etc.).  Dad was to my right; Mom was behind him, and Daughter was behind me.  Of course, Dad wouldn't want Daughter to kick him.  So I got some lumbar punches during the flight, but it wasn't too terrible.  The movie featured was "The Blind Side"...that was outstanding!  Food was meh; I had some beef stir-fry.

We get back to SFO around 9pm.  It's pretty cold, brr.  Megan and I drove back to Folsom...the end of a great girls' weekend.  Can't wait to go on another girls' outing!  It's a different experience compared to going with guys and girls, and going as a couple.  I'm hearing that there may be a Vegas trip in the future for someone's 40th...

No comments:

Post a Comment