Monday, December 13, 2010

Zine, Shopping, Sushi Samba - November 14, 2010


Our last day in Vegas...waaaaa.  Some of the girls were ambitious and hit the gym in the morning to work off some of the steak from last night.  Karen and I decided to sleep in. :)

We checked out of the room and left our bags with the bell desk with no problems.  Despite the excess of last night's dinner, we still were hungry for lunch.  When I checked into the Palazzo on Friday, I was given a sheet of coupons to use at various establishments, one of which was an Asian restaurant called Zine.  The coupon was for $30 off $60; why not use it?  We indulged in dishes such as congee (rice porridge) with fried bread, roast duck over rice, dumplings, jellyfish, and noodle soup.  The food and service was very good, and we got a good discount!

I stole this picture

Next, we headed to the Palazzo mall to do some damage at Christian Louboutin.  Jennifer promised herself a pair of these sexy shoes when she reached her goal weight.  Everyone had fun trying on shoes.  Jennifer got her well-deserved pair of "Cathay"s.

I stole this picture too

I was very interested in this pair (I think it was called "Tresriche"):


Each crystal looked individually glued on, higher caliber than some heels I've seen with glitter sprayed on.  But I didn't have $3250.  The shoes would have gone well with the Victoria's Secret fantasy bra.  I didn't have $2 million either, so I and a couple of the others settled for a "7 VS cotton panties for $25" deal instead.

We looked for more shoes such as Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo, but nothing fit or interested the girls.  We ended up getting a few items here and there, but nothing of the caliber of the Louboutin shoes!  (though Sheri got close to buying a beautiful Chanel bag...)  Eventually, our tummies needed food and ended up at Sushi Samba, which was a Japanese/Brazilian/Peruvian fusion restaurant.  Seemed like a weird combination, but it worked.  One of their specialties was Peruvian corn, which was sweet corn on steroids.


I had always wanted to try kampachi (a type of yellowtail found in Hawaii) so I had the sashimi.


I also indulged in their "Yamato" roll, which consisted of tuna, fois gras, caviar, and gold leaf.


For dessert, we shared a plate of cassava carrot cake to end our Vegas trip on a sweet note.


I'd return to Sushi Samba and try their "omakase" menu, where the chef decides what food to serve.  Their robata selections looked good too, though it is hard to top Raku.

Happy birthday Karen and hope that you have fond memories of this trip!  It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment