Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Speaking of mileage runs...


I just booked myself a mileage run to Detroit this morning.  Last night, I saw a cheap fare on United for the weekend of April 24th, so I pinged my cousin Ada to see if she'd be around.  (she is a student in the MBA program at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor)  She said yes, so I pulled the trigger.  I'm glad I got to use the 5% e-certificate that I earned from my flights end of last year, as travel would need to be completed by May 31.  Even though it's not the best in terms of value ($0.05/mile*), I get to see my cousin and make a short weekend out of it!

* Divide the cost of flying (airfare + any meals/accommodations/other costs) by the number of award miles earned.  Die-hard mileage runners try to keep the value to $0.03/mile or less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment